FRIED YELLOW PLANTAIN
Plantains are very similar to bananas, only that they’re usually bigger and are only eaten cooked. You can fry, boil or roast them..
Unlike bananas, plantains are almost always cooked before eating. … Cooked plantains are nutritionally very similar to a potato calorie-wise, but contain more of some vitamins and minerals. They are a rich source of fiber, vitamins A, C, and B-6, and the minerals magnesium and potassium
Recipe- African.,Caribbean, Latin America
Food Type- Sides/Snacks
Easy- Very easy
Duration — Prep 5 minutes cooking 10 minutes. Total time 15 minutes
2 or more ripe plantains (as required) Vegetable oil for frying; Pinch of salt; Deep or chip fryer;
- Preheat oil in deep fryer. Wash your plantain; Cut off the tips at both ends.
- Using a knife, slice down the back of the plantain (where it curves is the inside part).
- Peel off the skin of the plantain.
- Slice down the middle of the plantain
- Cut into Squares or Cubes.
- Sprinkle salt over plantain. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp water or more depending on the quantity. Toss sliced plantains so they’re coated.
- Add sliced plantains to hot oil. Let fry till golden brown.
Remove with slotted spoon and place in drainer to drain.
Serve with Jollof Rice and grilled African chicken ( Check out my recipes for Jollof Rice and African Grilled chicken